Friday, September 5, 2008

The Beginning


Before we get on the start of our journey together, we have to have a beginning. Like me at one time, and just like everyone else, who is just looking at investing for the first time is more than likely overwhelmed and incredibly confused. But lets get one thing straight from the get go, investing is like poker, easy to learn, hard to master, and the first step is always learning, so lets get the easy part out of the way, lets get some basic learning in!

To learn typically you have to have a mentor, a teacher, someone who can guide and direct your actions, and set you on the correct path in your life of future wealth and riches. There a number of ways you can do this. For example, when I was first starting out at the ripe age of 18 I had a mentor, or rather two mentors, these were my father, a successful business man, and my uncle a equally successful broker. They gave me the push I needed, but most importantly they pushed me in the direction for my thirst of knowledge in the financial world.

They directed me towards a number of books, written by people who were where I was at the time at one point, and where maybe you are this very day. So what I will do first, and since this is one of my main goals of this site... is I will point you in the direction of where to get the proper mindset to develop and realize just how important it is for all of us to become financially literate and successful on our own.

Now I will recommend a number of books to read, you can read anyone of these, or all of them if you wish, BUT please read one, you need some fuel to your fire, and believe me these will get you pumped to become the millionaire that we all want to be someday, these books include;

1. Rich Dad Poor Dad
2. The Wealthy Barber
3. Automatic Millionaire

These are recommended in no order of preference and are all equally important in starting that burning desire of financial freedom, that everyone wants to unleash someday. I'll tell you right now, these books are a easy read, have a good story to them, and portray some very important points.

So GET STARTED!! my friends, and as we progress down the road, I'll continue to add more advanced learned material, as well as let you in on my method I've developed that will one day lead to mine and your financial freedom. LETS DO THIS! and stay tuned.

No comments: